Lewis Hamilton says he misplaced 'round three kilos' throughout French GP because of drinks bottle concern

July 25, 2022 Muricas News 0 Comments

Lewis Hamilton says he misplaced 'round three kilos' throughout French GP because of drinks bottle concern [ad_1]

On a sweltering Sunday afternoon on the Circuit Paul Ricard, the seven-time world champion recorded his finest end of the season by coming second behind Purple Bull's Max Verstappen.

Regardless of the bottle concern, Hamilton mentioned he felt "incredible" after the race.

"I used to be just a bit bit dehydrated," he advised reporters, per F1. "The drinks bottle did not work within the race. I do not really ever drink within the race ever, so that is the primary time I really tried all of it 12 months and there was nothing popping out.

"I did not see my weight simply now, however I'd think about [I lost] in all probability round three kilos ... I am wanting ahead to downing the remainder of this drink."

Hamilton's Mercedes teammate George Russell accomplished the rostrum in third place and Hamilton was delighted with the automobile's efficiency all weekend.

"However what a day, what a weekend," he mentioned. "Particularly with lacking FP1, [I'm] simply so happy with the group -- that is an unimaginable end result. Successful races and getting outcomes like that is about the entire bundle.

"And naturally, we all know we do not have fairly the tempo of the 2 groups [Ferrari and Red Bull] forward, however reliability is a big basic a part of the method so I am so happy with my group for having the reliability that we do have.

"What an awesome end result ... George did an awesome job as nicely, so to get a second and a 3rd, it is actually particular for us."

After loads of hypothesis round his future in Method One, the 37-year-old Hamilton insisted he's keen to stay within the sport for quite a few years.

On the French GP, Hamilton grew to become simply the sixth driver in F1 historical past to achieve 300 profession races and his present contract with Mercedes expires on the finish of the 2023 season.

"I am nonetheless contemporary and nonetheless really feel I've obtained loads of gasoline left within the tank," Hamilton mentioned. "In fact I wish to get again to profitable methods and that is going to take time. I am certain we'll sit down at some stage and discuss in regards to the future.

"That is my three hundredth GP and I awakened extremely grateful for all of the individuals who have been with me," he added. "Ron Dennis, Mercedes, Martin Whitmarsh, Toto, Niki Lauda ... I've been on an unimaginable journey with them.

"I am having fun with it greater than ever."


[ad_2]

0 comments: