Bianca Andreescu offers Nike a dressing down at US Open earlier than issuing apology

August 30, 2022 Muricas News 0 Comments

Bianca Andreescu offers Nike a dressing down at US Open earlier than issuing apology [ad_1]

Andreescu was out on the Grandstand courtroom to play Concord Tan however the winds on the open enviornment saved blowing her skirt up and affecting her photographs, forcing the 22-year-old to method the chair umpire and request a further rest room break to alter.

"Will this not depend as considered one of my changeovers? I imply it isn't my fault, it is Nike's fault," she advised the umpire.

"This gown is so, so unhealthy... I have to go (change), that is actually unhealthy."

Andreescu returned sporting a white Nike tank high and skirt to finally beat Tan 6-0 3-6 6-1.

"It was simply bothering me on some forehands. I simply felt prefer it was sort of arising a bit. Clearly, the wind did not assist," she advised reporters.

"However I meant no disrespect with what I stated to the umpire. I used to be attempting to persuade him to not take away that washroom break as a result of I do know we solely get two. He was very good to say it was completely okay.

"I might have undoubtedly used a unique selection of wording. So I apologize to anybody I disrespected. I really like Nike and I hope I might be with them for the remainder of my life!"

Andreescu will subsequent play Beatriz Haddad Maia within the second spherical.


[ad_2]

0 comments: