Padres star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended for 80 video games

August 13, 2022 Muricas News 0 Comments

Padres star shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended for 80 video games [ad_1]
Tatis' suspension, which MLB introduced Friday night, places him out for the remainder of the season and the primary 32 video games subsequent 12 months.

"We have been stunned and very dissatisfied to be taught as we speak that Fernando Tatis Jr. examined constructive for a performance-enhancing substance in violation of Main League Baseball's Joint Prevention and Remedy Program and subsequently obtained an 80-game suspension with out pay," the Padres mentioned in an announcement Friday. "We totally assist the Program and are hopeful that Fernando will be taught from this expertise."

Tatis, who has missed the Padres' first 114 video games due to a wrist damage, had lately began a rehabilitation stint within the minors and had appeared poised to quickly be part of the Padres' lineup. In 2021, Tatis hit a league-leading 42 residence runs and had 97 RBIs whereas ending third within the voting for Nationwide League Most Beneficial Participant.

Why sport stars are wealthier than ever -- but they still may not be getting their fair share

Following the announcement of his suspension, the MLB Gamers Affiliation launched an announcement on behalf of Tatis.

"It seems that I inadvertently took a medicine to deal with ringworm that contained Clostebol," Tatis mentioned. "I ought to have used the assets obtainable to me so as to be sure that no banned substances have been in what I took. I failed to take action."

Tatis apologized to the Padres' group, the league and followers in his assertion, calling what he did "my mistake."

"I've no excuse for my error, and I'd by no means do something to cheat or disrespect this recreation I like," Tatis mentioned.

"I've taken numerous drug exams all through my skilled profession, together with on March 29, 2022, all of which have returned destructive outcomes till this take a look at.

"I'm utterly devastated. There's nowhere else on this planet I'd fairly be than on the sector competing with my teammates. After initially interesting the suspension, I've realized that my mistake was the reason for this end result, and for that motive I've determined to begin serving my suspension instantly. I stay up for rejoining my teammates on the sector in 2023."

In 2021, Tatis reportedly signed a 14-year contract price $340 million.

Muricas News's Jill Martin contributed to this report.


[ad_2]

0 comments: