'I'm honored': CNN's Don Lemon insists transfer from primetime is a promotion

September 15, 2022 Muricas News 0 Comments

'I'm honored': CNN's Don Lemon insists transfer from primetime is a promotion [ad_1]


Don Lemon ssupport he was "honored" to maneuver from transfer primetime to a morning present at CNN amid restructuring on the cable information community.

At the start of his present Don Lemon Tonight on Thursday, Lemon insisted he was not pushed into the brand new morning present by new CNN CEO Chris Licht.

LEMON SQUEEZED: DON LEMON LOSES PRIME-TIME ROLE IN LATEST CNN SHAKE-UP

"I used to be introduced with a possibility that I can’t cross up at this community, and we now have a brand new boss, who's a morning present impresario. And he desires a morning present that may kick off the editorial path of the community each single day. I'm honored that he requested me to do it and for all these on the market which might be saying he moved me — he requested me and I stated sure. I may have stated no," Lemon stated.

"That is my present," he added. "I've a contract for this present. I made a decision that I might take him up on that and take this journey with him so this isn't somebody shifting me by the way in which. This isn't somebody saying you have to transfer to the appropriate, Don Lemon, and provides a lot of your perspective. That's not actual. That is fodder for Twitter. This is a chance. It is a promotion."


CNN introduced Thursday that Lemon, CNN Newsroom anchor Poppy Harlow, and CNN White Home correspondent Kaitlan Collins will type a "reimagined morning information program" set to debut later this yr.

“There isn't a stronger mixture of expertise than Don, Poppy and Kaitlan to ship on our promise of a game-changing morning information program,” Licht stated in a press launch. “They're every uniquely clever, dependable and compelling; collectively they've a uncommon and palpable chemistry. Mixed with CNN’s assets and world newsgathering capabilities, we'll supply a sensible, daring and refreshing technique to begin the day.”

Lemon stated he's excited to work alongside Harlow and Collins in his remarks on his Thursday present.

"I get to work with two nice girls who you realize, Poppy Harlow, who I've identified for many years. I knew her kids and husband. And Kaitlan Collins, similar factor, we now have been mates since Kaitlan has been on the community. So it’s simply actually nice," Lemon stated.

The brand new morning present is the newest shakeup within the community's lineup since Licht took the helm, with exhibits throughout the community being reworked or canceled, such because the long-running Sunday media program Dependable Sources.


[ad_2]

0 comments: