Roger Federer broadcasts his retirement from the ATP Tour and grand slams

September 15, 2022 Muricas News 0 Comments

Roger Federer broadcasts his retirement from the ATP Tour and grand slams [ad_1]

Muricas News  — 

Roger Federer has introduced that he'll retire from the ATP Tour and grand slams following the Laver Cup subsequent week in London.

“I'm 41 years previous. I've performed greater than 1500 matches over 24 years. Tennis has handled me extra generously than I ever would have dreamt, and now I need to acknowledge when it's time to finish my aggressive profession,” the 20-time grand slam winner stated in an Instagram submit.

The previous couple of years of Federer’s profession have been marred by a sequence of accidents, as he underwent two knee surgical procedures in 2020 and one other after he was defeated by Hubert Hurkacz within the 2021 Wimbledon quarterfinal.

“As a lot of you recognize, the previous three years have offered me with challenges within the type of accidents and surgical procedures,” he stated. “I’ve labored onerous to return to full aggressive type. However I additionally know my physique’s capacities and limits, and its message to me currently has been clear.”

Roger Federer muses on retirement planning

Federer’s lengthy profession coincided with these of 22-time grand slam winner Rafael Nadal and 21-time grand slam winner Novak Djokovic, with whom he dominated males’s tennis for the final 20 years.

“I might additionally wish to thank my opponents on the court docket,” Federer stated.

“I used to be fortunate sufficient to play so many epic matches that I'll always remember. We battled pretty, with ardour and depth, and I at all times tried my greatest to respect the historical past of the sport. I really feel extraordinarily grateful.”

Regardless of taking part in alongside two of the best gamers of all time, Federer has nonetheless damaged a number of data, together with changing into the oldest ever world No. 1 at age 36 and remaining on the prime of the rankings for a file 237 consecutive weeks.

“It is a bittersweet determination, as a result of I'll miss every part the tour has given me,” he stated. “However on the similar time, there's a lot to have fun. I take into account myself one of the crucial lucky individuals on Earth. I used to be given a particular expertise to play tennis, and I did it a stage that I by no means imagined, for for much longer than I ever thought doable.”

2009: Roger Federer will get the giggles

Extra to observe…


[ad_2]

0 comments: