Meghan Trainor reveals inspiration behind 'Remind Me'

October 22, 2022 Muricas News 0 Comments

Meghan Trainor reveals inspiration behind 'Remind Me' [ad_1]

Muricas News  — 

Meghan Trainor sat down with Muricas News to debate life after “All About That Bass,” her new album and the significance of self-love.

The American singer-songwriter joined Muricas News’s “Who’s Speaking To Chris Wallace?” this week to debate her fifth studio album, “Takin’ It Again,” which was launched on Friday.

The album is stuffed with upbeat pop songs like “Made You Look.” However all through the album, Trainor additionally touches on tough matters, like her shifting relationship together with her physique and vanity after turning into a mom.

“I seen the primary few songs have been type of heartbreaking. They have been unhappy at first,” she mentioned. “And I used to be like, no, I’m happier than I’ve ever been. Why am I unhappy?”

“Remind Me,” the fifteenth monitor on the album, began as a meditation on how “it’s actually arduous being coated in scars,” mentioned Trainor. The musician welcomed the start of her first baby by way of Caesarean part in February 2021.

“And it’s me singing to my husband, as a result of he tells me on a regular basis, I’m fairly and I’m like, I really feel like with the stretch marks and the C-section, I really feel like I’ve been ripped aside. And it took me some time to love myself once more and to have the ability to have a look at my physique in spite of everything that scarring,” she mentioned.

Meghan Trainor is seen at the

The album additionally touches on “mother guilt” and the distinction between social media and actuality, like within the music “Don’t I Make It Look Straightforward.”

“My first songs have been like about being a mother and about like, don’t I make this look simple,” Trainor mentioned. “I’m exhausted. And I’m a working mother and I've mother guilt. And I attempted to make them relatable and put them in each music.”

Trainor has traditionally been a “melody queen,” beginning every music with a melody, she says. However on this album, she targeted extra on the lyrics and message behind every tune.

“I'd sit on my piano lots earlier than the songwriting session, I'd do homework, and I'd have an thought,” she mentioned. “And, fortunately, it labored each single time, however I used to be like, I’ll do a refrain after which I’ll let the songwriters are available in and we’ll craft.”

Self-love is a recurring theme all through the 16 songs on the album.

“It’s the toughest factor, and that’s why I write all these self love songs as a result of I’m like, consider in your self,” she mentioned. “You’re superb.”


[ad_2]

0 comments: