Trump lays blame on Chris Christie for hiring of Christopher Wray as FBI director

July 15, 2023 Muricas News 0 Comments

Trump lays blame on Chris Christie for hiring of Christopher Wray as FBI director [ad_1]

Former President Donald Trump blamed former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for appointing Christopher Wray as FBI director.

In an excerpt from an interview of Trump with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo that may air on Sunday, Trump admitted that it was a mistake hiring the FBI director however clarified that he solely did so on the sturdy urging of Christie.

SOME HOUSE GOP LAWMAKERS PUSH BIDEN IMPEACHMENT, BUT LEADERSHIP IS CAUTIOUS

“Yeah, sadly. It in all probability was," Trump answered when requested if hiring Wray was a mistake. "It was really useful very strongly by Chris Christie, who was, you realize, a tragic case. I imply, I watch him. He’s a tragic case.”

Trump then shifted the dialog to attacking Christie, who has voiced his opposition towards the previous president since breaking with him in 2020.

“Properly, I do know. And you know the way he’s doing. He’s at 1%, and he in all probability received’t even make the talk stage. Now, Chris is a … he’s unhappy. I imply, I watched him the opposite day. He mentioned I constructed 47 miles of wall. I’ve constructed over 500 miles of wall. And that’s homeland safety statements. I had the most secure border within the historical past of our nation. I constructed huge miles of wall and was going to place up one other 200 miles. All the things was constructed. They simply needed to erect [it],” Trump continued.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE FROM THE

Christie has confirmed that Trump employed Wray at his suggestion prior to now, and has since defended his conduct.

"I used to be one of many individuals who really useful Christopher Wray to President Trump, and I’m proud to have achieved so, and I feel he’s achieved an excellent job," Christie mentioned final week on the Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Present.


[ad_2]

0 comments: